Trip Info / Directions
Directions to Maine Rafting Expeditions
Rafting Check In: 8:00 a.m.
Directly at the Northern Timber Cruisers Lodge next to the Wilderness Edge Campground.
10 Northern Cruise Trail
Millinocket, ME 04462
GPS Coordinates: 45.67716539294852, -68.72550964432902
For GPS Address Enter: 10 Northern Cruise Trail, Millinocket, ME 04462
Google Map Directions
- Click on the directions link in the above map.
- Type your address or location in the A choice in the top left hand corner of the screen/page.
- Click on the button that says Get Directions.
FROM THE NORTH or SOUTH: TTake Exit 244 off of I-95. Take Route 11 West for 10 miles. Follow the signs for Baxter State Park through the town of Millinocket and Maine Rafting Expeditions directly after the Wilderness Edge Campground on the right hand side
FROM WILDERNESS EDGE CAMPGROUND: Take a right out of the Campground and Maine Rafting is your first right about 300 yards down the road.
FROM BAXTER STATE PARK: Head back toward Millinocket on the State Road. MRE will be on your left right before you enter the town of Millinocket. If you pass the Wilderness Edge Campground or the Saw Mill Bar and Grill you have gone to far
Lodging Options - Hotel - At the MRE Base.
Camping Options – At the MRE Base.
Moose Shed Lodge – 1 1/2 miles from the MRE base!
Cabins – 10 miles from the MRE base.
Lean-to – 10 miles from the MRE base.
MRE is Based directly behind the Pamola Motor Lodge in Millinocket Maine. The hotel offers private rooms with a continental breakfast included at an affordable rate. Take advantage of being seconds away from rafting check-in or a hot shower at the end of the day. The hotel also has an in house Bar and Chinese restaurant. Call MRE and book a room with your rafting trip or book online here at your convenience. All rooms require reservations in advance, but last-minute bookings are welcome and subject to availability.
Also behind the Pamola Motor Lodge at the MRE base is the Woods and Waters Campground. The campground is currently under construction but is scheduled to open the beginning of June. The campground offers basic camping with access to a bathhouse with bathrooms and showers. Continental breakfast is also included. Call MRE for details and for other camping options in the area.
The Moose Shed Lodge is located 1 1/2 miles down the road from the MRE Base. It is a private lodge that can hold 4-12 people. It has 2 double beds, 2 bunk beds, 2 pull out beds, and 2 roll-out beds. The lodge includes 2 full baths, a full kitchen, bar, pool table, and HD TV with cable. MRE recommends this to anyone that is rafting that is looking for a “cabin”!
Cabins and Lean-to’s are located 10 miles from the MRE base at the Big Moose Inn. There is a variety of different cabins to choose from. MRE offers transportation from Big Moose to the MRE base for $5 dollars per person.
Pamola Motor Lodge
- $80 per night per room double occupancy ( Does not include tax or $1 booking fee. )
- $10 per additional person up to four in one room.
- Double, Queen, and King size rooms available.
- Continental breakfast included from 6-10 am
- Access to Highlands Tavern and the Hang Wang Chinese Restaurant in house
- MRE base is located directly behind the motor lodge for easy check in.
- Only a mile from down town Millinocket.
- Early and late check in's available.
- Pet-friendly hotel (fees apply)
Woods and Waters Campground - CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
- Camping per night is $16 per person. (does not include taxes)
- Continental Breakfast included from 6-10 am
- MRE is based out of the same location so you’re a short walk from check in!
- Small and Large sites to fit any group size.
- Each camping site includes a fire ring and a picnic table.
- MRE rents tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads.
- Firewood and Ice are forsake onsite.
- A wonderful wilderness setting for camping only a mile from down town Millinocket.
- Horse shoe pits, volleyball court, and yard games.
- Family owned and operated.
- Early and Late check-ins available on request.
- Pet and family-friendly
- All cabins are located at the Big Moose Inn 10 miles from the MRE base.
- Prices are $50 per person for a weekday and $60 per person on a weekend. (prices vary per cabin)
- MRE offers transportation to and from the the Big Moose Inn for $5 per person.
- There are may different cabin options to fit all group sizes and needs.
- Reservations are required.
- For more info or reservations, please call 855-723-8673.
- Check out pictures of the Big Moose Inn.
- Lean-to’s are located 10 miles from the MRE base at the Big Moose Inn.
- Basic lean-to with a bug and privacy screen.
- Includes fire pit and picnic table.
- Sleeps 4-6 people.
- $15 per person per night. ($30 minimum)
- MRE offers transportation to and from the Big Moose Inn for $5 per person.
- Reservation required.
- For more info please call 855-723-8673.
Questions? Get In Touch
- MRE does do costomized breakfasts for groups at our base.
- Prices vary with the menu requests.
- Reservations and prepayment are required.
Riverside steak and chicken BBQ with a veggie burger option. Sides include our famous river rice, potato salade, rolls and a cookie.
What to Bring:
- Directions, Contact and Confirmation Information.
- Proper sleeping gear and supplies to fit your lodging accommodations.
- Clothes to last through out your trip.
- Secure footwear for rafting that attaches to your feet. (No flip flops. Rafting Booties are available for rent for $5.)
- An extra pair of dry footwear to change into after the trip.
- Bathing suit.
- A set of dry clothes to change into after the trip.
- Fleece, thermal or synthetic clothing that are NOT COTTON!
- Wool or thermal pair of socks for the raft trip. NO COTTON!
- Any medications. (Don’t forget your Inhaler or Epee Pen!)
- Bug Spray.
- Food and Drinks for before and after the trip if needed. (Trip Includes riverside BBQ)
- Water bottle
- Waterproof Camera (Digital or Disposable). MRE doesn’t guarantee any camera to be safe from water or shock damage on any trip.
- If you planning on wearing glasses of any kind, buy a pair of chums before the trip or MRE will make you a free pair out of duct tape! Colors range from blue, orange, or silver.
- Smiles and a go for it attitude with a sense of adventure!
- Transportation to and from the river.
- PFD, Paddle, Helmet, and Raft
- Registered Maine Whitewater Guide.
- Riverside Steak and Chicken BBQ
- Snack with Water
- Video or pictures of the trip, which are for sale.
- Wetsuit Rentals: $5 per Item
- Wetsuit Top
- Wetsuit Bottom
- The Maine Whitewater Experience!!!