Trip Info / Directions
Directions to Maine Rafting Expeditions
Rafting Check In: 8:00 a.m.
Directly behind the Pamola Motor Lodge
973 Central Street
Millinocket, ME 04462
GPS Coordinates: 45.657549, -68.681522
For GPS Address Enter: 973 Central St, Millinocket, ME 04462
Google Map Dirctions
- Click on the directions link in the above map.
- Type your address or location in the A choice in the top left hand corner of the screen/page.
- Click on the button that says Get Directions.
- Print 🙂
Late or Lost?
Call MRE at 207-723-9746 (Base/Hotel Phone) Ask For MRE
Or call the MRE office at 207-663-2171
FROM THE NORTH or SOUTH: Take Exit 244 off of I-95. Take Route 11 West for 10 miles. Maine Rafting Expeditions is behind the Pamola Motor Lodge on the right hand side right as you enter town.
FROM WILDERNESS EDGE CAMPGROUND: Take a left going out of the campground onto Bates St. Go 1.2 miles and the road curves right and becomes Katahdin Ave. Go .2 miles on Katahdin Ave and take a left at the blinking yellow light on to Central street. There will be a church on your right and an old high school on your left. Stay straight on Central Street for 1.5 miles and Maine Rafting Expeditions is on
Lodging Options - Hotel - At the MRE Base.
Camping Options – At the MRE Base.
Moose Shed Lodge – 1 1/2 miles from the MRE base!
Cabins – 10 miles from the MRE base.
Lean-to – 10 miles from the MRE base.
MRE is Based directly behind the Pamola Motor Lodge in Millinocket Maine. The hotel offers private rooms with a continental breakfast included at an affordable rate. Take advantage of being seconds away from rafting check in or a hot shower at the end of the day. Hotel also has an in house Bar and Chinese restaurant. Call MRE and book a room with your rafting trip or book online here at your convenance. All rooms require reservations in advance, but last minute bookings are welcome and subject to availability.
Also behind the Pamola Motor Lodge at the MRE base is the Woods and Waters Campground. The campground is currently under construction but is scheduled to open beginning of June. The campground offers basic camping with access to a bathhouse with bathrooms and showers. Continental breakfast is also included. Call MRE for details and for other camping options in the area.
The Moose Shed Lodge is located 1 1/2 miles down the road from the MRE Base. It is a private lodge that can hold 4-12 people. It has 2 double beds, 2 bunk beds, 2 pull out beds and 2 roll-out beds. Lodge includes 2 full baths, full kitchen, bar, pool table and HD TV with cable. MRE recommends this to anyone that is rafting that is looking for a “cabin”!
Cabins and Lean-to’s are located 10 miles from the MRE base at the Big Moose Inn. There is a variety of different cabins to choose from. MRE offers transportation from Big Moose to the MRE base for $5 dollars per person.
Pamola Motor Lodge
- $69 per night per room double occupancy(not including tax)
- $10 per additional person up to four in one room.
- Double, Queen and King size rooms available.
- Continental breakfast included from 6-10am
- Access to Highlands Tavern and the Hang Wang Chinese Restaurant in house
- MRE base is located directly behind the motor lodge for easy check in.
- Only a mile from down town Millinocket.
- Early and late check in's available.
- Pet friendly hotel(fee's apply)
Woods and Waters Campground
- Camping per night is $16 per person. (does not include taxes)
- Continental Breakfast included from 6am-10am
- MRE is based out of the same location so you’re a short walk from check in!
- Small and Large sites to fit any group size.
- Each camping site includes a fire ring and a picnic table.
- MRE rents tents, sleeping bags, and sleeping pads.
- Firewood and Ice are forsake onsite.
- A wonderful wilderness setting for camping only a mile from down town Millinocket.
- Horse shoe pits, volleyball court and yard games.
- Family owned and operated.
- Early and Late check in's available on request.
- Pet and family friendly
- All cabins are located at the Big Moose Inn 10 miles from the MRE base.
- Prices are $50 per person for a weekday and $60 per person on a weekend. (prices vary per cabin)
- MRE offers transportation to and from the the Big Moose Inn for $5 per person.
- There are may different cabin options to fit all group sizes and needs.
- Reservations are required.
- For more info or reservations, please call 855-723-8673.
- Check out pictures of the Big Moose Inn.
- Lean-to’s are located 10 miles from the MRE base at the Big Moose Inn.
- Basic lean-to with a bug and privacy screen.
- Includes fire pit and picnic table.
- Sleeps 4-6 people.
- $15 per person per night. ($30 minimum)
- MRE offers transportation to and from the Big Moose Inn for $5 per person.
- Reservation required.
- For more info please call 855-723-8673.
Get Your Accomodations
Questions? Get In Touch
- MRE provides a true Maine Breakfast through the Appalachian Trail Cafe.
- $8 per person.
- Reservations and prepayment are required.
- AT Cafe is located 2 miles from the MRE base.
- MRE can provide transportation upon reservation request.
- Price includes a choice of any item on the front of the Breakfast menu and one choice of beverage.
- Gratuity is included.
Riverside steak and chicken BBQ with river rice and all the fixings!
- MRE provides Dinner through the Appalachian Trail Cafe.
- AT Cafe is located 2 miles from the MRE base.
- $15 per person.
- Price includes anything off the dinner menu or specials board except steak dinners and seafood dinners. (You may order and pay the difference)
- Price includes one choice of beverage. (Alcohol and wine are not included)
- MRE does offer transportation to and from the Cafe upon reservation.
What to Bring:
- Directions, Contact and Confirmation Information.
- Proper sleeping gear and supplies to fit your lodging accommodations.
- Clothes to last through out your trip.
- Secure footwear for rafting that attaches to your feet. (No flip flops) (Rafting Booties are for rent for $5)
- An extra pair of dry footwear to change into after the trip.
- Bathing suit.
- A set of dry clothes to change into after the trip.
- Fleece, thermal or synthetic clothing that are NOT COTTON!
- Wool or thermal pair of socks for the raft trip. NO COTTON!
- Any medications (Don’t forget your Inhaler or Epee Pen!!!)
- Bug Spray.
- Food and Drinks for before and after the trip if needed. ( Trip Includes riverside BBQ)
- Water bottle
- Waterproof Camera (Digital or disposable). MRE doesn’t guarantee any camera to be safe from water or shock damage on any trip.
- If your planning on wearing glasses of any kind, buy a pair of chums before the trip or MRE will make you a free pair out of duct tape! Colors range from blue, orange or silver.
- Smiles and a go for it attitude with a sense of adventure!
- Transportation to and from the river.
- PFD, Paddle, Helmet and Raft
- Registered Maine Whitewater Guide.
- Riverside Steak and Chicken BBQ
- Snack with Water
- Video or Pictures of the Trip which are For Sale.
- Wetsuit Rentals: $5 per Item
- Wetsuit Top
- Wetsuit Bottom
- The Maine Whitewater Experience!!!